Microwave 2 bags of your favorite buttered popcorn ( Sarah’s prefers Act II butter) remove all those unpopped kernels. Put into a brown paper bag or in a large bowl and slowly pour 1 pound colored melted chocolate of choice. Shake bag immediately to evenly coat the popcorn. Pour onto parchment paper and spread out to separate pieces. You can repeat recipe with different colors of chocolate. When complete you can combine colors for a festive look. Red and green for Christmas, pastels for Easter and school colors for Graduation.
- Red Velvet Cake/Cream Cheese Frosting & dipped in white coating
- Dark Chocolate Cake/Chocolate Buttercream & dipped in chocolate coating
- Lemon Cake/Lemon Frosting & dipped in white coating
- Confetti Cake/Vanilla Frosting tinted pink and & dipped in pink coating
- French Vanilla Cake/White Frosting with almond flavoring & dipped in chocolate coating
- Caramel Cake/Chocolate Mocha Frosting and dipped in chocolate coating
- 1 package crushed Oreo’s/8 ounce Cream Cheese softened & dipped in chocolate coating
- Carrot Cake/Cream Cheese Frosting & dipped in orange coating
- Spice Cake/Cream Cheese frosting & dipped in white coating
Mix and match any cake and icing flavor. The variations are unlimited, and they can be nicely packaged and given as gifts. Sarah’s personal can give you lots of ideas with flavors and confectionery coatings carried at Sarah’s.
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package cake
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup prepared frosting
- Confectioners coating of choice
- Lolly sticks
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble when cool into a large bowl and stir in the frosting until well blended. The mixture should be moist enough to roll into balls and still hold there shape.
2. Use a small scoop to form balls of cake mixture. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Melt the coating in a bowl in the microwave, or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Take a few cake balls out at a time and dip the balls in coating and lay on parchment paper until set.
4. If using a lolly stick, dip end of stick in coating then insert in cake ball till set, then continue dipping your cake balls.
5. If shaping the cake balls, shape after taking out of refrigerator then continue with dipping in coating and decorating.
6. You can make the cake balls ahead of time and store them in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for several days.
7. Other options: After forming cake balls you may place on parchment paper and leave on the counter for 24 hours before dipping in confectioners coating. No refrigerator needed. Also, may use electric mixer to combing cake and frosting.
Cut bunny ears from Edible Paper.
Arrange the ears on Parchment Paper.
OREO COOKIE BUNNY POPS
Insert sucker stick or popsicle stick into Oreo Double Stuff Cookie.
Dip into melted Milk or White Chocolate.
Place the cookie onto the ears.
Add 2 sugar eyes and a red cinnamon ball nose.
NUTTER BUTTER COOKIE BUNNY
Dip Nutterbutter Cookies into Milk, White or Vanilla Flavored Chocolate.
Decorate as with the Oreo Cookie Bunny.
Bake your favorite banana bread recipe in Wilton’s Mini Egg Pan.
Add 1 TBS. Banana Fruit Gel flavoring to 2 Cups Riches Vanilla Bettercream icing.
Whip as directed.
Put this filling into a pastry bag.
Use decorating tip # 7 or the snorkel shaped Jelly Filler Tip # 230 to pipe the filling through top of the egg until it just starts to rise.
The center of the egg will be fluffy and creamy.
This will taste like a banana Twinkie.
It’s great when teachers and coaches don’t want sweet snacks.
Helpful Hint: Chill the bowl and beaters and then whip until it forms peaks like a meringue.
Some Variations include:
|FILLED CUPCAKES WITH GLOSSY CHOCOLATE ICING|
Fill your favorite cupcake by piping whipped Chocolate or Vanilla Riches Bettercream Icing through the top with tip # 7 or Jelly Filler Tip #230 to fill cupcakes.
Stop when the top starts to rise. Melt Spread-N-Gloss, the pourable chocolate icing, in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
Pour the icing over the top.
The cupcake will be smooth and glossy with a creamy surprise inside.
|FILLED BUNDT CAKES|
Add 1 TBS Raspberry, Strawberry, Lemon, or Banana Fruit Gel to Chocolate or Vanilla Riches Better Cream Icing.
Use the Jelly Filler Tip # 230 pipe the filling into the side of each cake section.
The center is filled when the top starts to rise.
Each slice will have a creamy center.